Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wow....it has been a long time

"The career of motherhood and homemaking is beyond value and needs no justification. Its importance is incalculable."
~ Katherine Short

Now when you add homeschooling to the above....hmmmm...maybe that's where I have been.
All that aside, I have been pondering changing the way I home school.

We now have our curriculum through the local charter school. Now don't get me wrong, I think the school is very good. The only problem I have is some of the work we do, IMHO, is busy work. Why do we have do go into such detail about some stuff that will never be used IRL.

I know discipline is the thing we need. I have been checking some on-line Christian programs and I like them. They have either a hard drive or DVD program that your child does and they keep the records. That is something I am not disciplined in.

So with that said, we are off for our own field trip tomorrow. We have been studying about arthropods and stuff so we are off to our local aquarium tomorrow to see in action what we have been studying.

I will leave you with another quote that I JUST LOVE!!!!!!

"A beautiful woman is a practical poet, taming her savage mate, planting tenderness, hope and eloquence in all whom she approaches."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, U.S. essayist, poet, philosopher. "Beauty," The Conduct of Life (1860).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you looked into Sonlight?

SunnySusan said...

I have not...thanx...I will

Anonymous said...

I was one of those questioning kids, especially when we were learning something that I didn't think I needed to know for real life -- one teacher told me that doing that sort of work taught us how to THINK! I've always remembered that! And I've also been amazed at how much "busy" work I've actually looked back on and actually used it...LOL It's true! A lot of education is teaching us how to think and to actually THINK!!
D

Anonymous said...

We did our own thing, being that here in Indiana, when we were homeschooling, there were no laws that made us register with anyone. None of our friends registered, either. We had a homeschool group with our church... running 35 families strong, with lots o children ... all keeping our own records. We each taught extra-curricular classes at the church once a week, and planned fields trips. Are you in a group out there now? I know the laws in CA are much different than here, but as we all know, eventually it will spread this way! As California goes, so goes the rest of the nation! Also, isn't President Obama doing something with the Charter school program? Seems I heard something about closing the Charter schools in DC. I know they are needed there, and I pray they don't close them! You have a blessed weekend, and thanks so much for coming by, Susan!

Hugs,
~ Deborah <><