Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A FEW MUSINGS

The above picture really says it all....you know when one part of your life is "messy" it tends to invade into the other parts also. Well, I am messy. I have to much on the burners and it is all slowly getting burned.


With homeschooling you have to be very very organized or the rest of your life will become unmanageable. I find myself there now. School is really going great. Amy is learning at a fast pace and she very much likes the new curriculum. I enjoy it also, it is done in a Christian World view. I could not and did not even come close to the way I was teaching last year. It has been a blessing to see her pick out stuff and say wow. Blesses my heart

But getting back to "burning" and being "messy". You know when the car gets messy, it is only a symptom of something else going on? At least it is with me. When I see trash and shoes and books just lying around the seats of the van and on the floor, it makes me sit back and ask myself what else is going on here?? Do you??

I have not been reading and studying the Word like I should. Not saying that doing this or going thru the Bible in a year is going to make God love me more.....no....what it does is make my heart more pliable and soft to the things of God. When I don't do enough meditating on God's Word, I do less praying. All this catches up on me and hence....I am messy and burning.....

Just some of my musings on why my messes are here.......

4 comments:

Gospel.or.Death said...

Susan,

I think many women are tempted to feel like a "bad wife" when they look around at the house and see that the house is a mess.

Funny thing about that though. In Eph 5, Paul doesn't say anything about keeping the house clean. He just says, "wives, submit to your husbands." That's your complete job description.

And trust me, as a man I can say with complete confidence: your husband doesn't mind if the house is a little messy, or the car or whatever.

And pssst...I'll tell you a secret. Personal devotions are not required by the law of God.

MG

SunnySusan said...

MG>>>

I wasn't really complaining of a dirty house but a messy mind...things of this earth are bugging me more than they should....thanks for commenting....

Fitter After 50 said...

Sounds like someone is going through their own growing stage at the moment, yes?

l.ann said...

Just read the little excerpt on your Xanga blog that is entitled "How to now He's near"

That ministered to my heart more in those four lines than the entire sermon this morning!

Thank you and thanks for visiting my blog ~ you're welcome anytime!