Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Been quiet for too long here...

Good Morning dear blog readers

Yes, it is really an update.  A lot has happened since I last posted.  First of all time just gets away from me.  It is already the middle of March.  Didn't we just enter the new year?

Amy was sick off and on since January and now the latest bout with bronchitis has finally ended, I hope. My MIL came for a visit.  She is from Minnesota so she wanted to leave the frozen tundra for a few weeks.  I really enjoy her visits.  Paul is who he is because of such a wonderful Christian mom.

It is getting warmer here.  I just took the dogs out for their long walk of the day, and people were already around the pool.  It is heated by wow... time is flying by here.  The apt has a ton of sidewalks that go around the whole complex here and it is a pleasure walking.  I feel safe here.

This move has been the best thing for all of us.  I for one have learned to lean more on Jesus than ever before.  The apt is still a work in progress.  It is still hard to sort things out to what I really need here.  Thank goodness we have a small storage room here that we rent out.  I think we will use it for a lot longer than I had imagined.

I just have a few things out.  We have not gotten a new apt sized couch yet.  We have 3 rockers that we use and thank God we have those.  My kitchen is done.  Just need a few things on the wall there.  The dinning room needs things on the wall.  The biggest thing left is Paul needs to sort out his books.  We could have a room devoted to all his books he has so many.  I know he really doesn't want to get rid of many, but he will have to think of something soon.  Our dresser top has 8 or more boxes of books to look thru.  Daunting task for him.

But all in all it suits me fine living here.  If anything breaks, they fix it.  I really love that part.  They keep the grounds well and new flowers are popping up.  We do have a patio we some of our furniture from before out there to sit and relax on.  We need to get some sort of a wire fence to attach all around the wood border so the dogs can be out with us.  There is a gap big enough for them to sneak out. Can't have that.

Funny how we see people walking huge dogs here.  The rules are small dogs only and people don't obey the rules.  But then isn't that the sin nature in all of us.  What we can get away with we can...I do....you do if you are honest.

It is Lent season here.  I don't "give up" anything like I did as a child.  I was reading one of my favorite authors Lysa TerKeurst on her blog about how she is "giving more".  It is an very enlightening blog post.  Go read it and tell me what you think.

Blessings on your Thursday..

1 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Back from reading. :)
I think it sounded great....giving and then giving just a tad more....going beyond what we think is possible so that the extra is straight from His hand. Pretty cool.
It was good to get caught up with what is going on in your lives...I do miss the "chatting" on our blogs. FB is fun...but it doesn't get real personal too often. Miss your voice.