Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Thursday, May 26, 2011

THE LORD'S PRAYER


CHALLENGING THE LORD'S PRAYER

I cannot say Our if I live only for myself.

I cannot say FATHER if I do not endeavor each day to act like His child.

I cannot say WHO ART IN HEAVEN if I am laying up no treasure there.

I cannot say HALLOWED BE THY NAME if I am not striving for holiness.

I cannot say THY KINGDOM COME if I am not doing all in my power to hasten that wonderful event.

I cannot say THY WILL BE DONE if I am disobedient to His word.

I cannot say ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN if I will not serve Him here and now.

I cannot say GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD if I am dishonest or seeking things by subterfuge.

I cannot say FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US if I harbor a grudge against anyone.

I cannot say LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION if I deliberately place myself in its path.

I cannot say DELIVER US FROM EVIL if I do not put on the whole armor of God.

I cannot say  FORTHINE IS THE KINGDOM if I do not give the King the loyalty due him from a faithful subject.

I cannot say AND THE POWER if I fear what others may do.

I cannot say AND THE GLORY if I am seeking honor only for myself.

I cannot say NOW AND FOREVER if the horizon of my life is bounded by the things of today.

~Author Unknown~


3 comments:

Fitter After 50 said...

This has to be one of the most beautiful things I've read in a very long time. :) Thanks Susan!

Deborah said...

So glad to see your comment over on my Xanga page, Susan! And thank you for the update with you and your family! Time does fly, doesn't it?! Seems like just last year I was homeschooling Ian ... now, he's married! So many adjustments going on here, but we know it's all going to be good ... for God is good!! I like your post here ... I've never read this before, and it sure gives a deeper meaning to the Lord's Prayer!! I may have to borrow this if you don't mind! :) I still have my Blogger here ... I really like it here ... I also started recipe page, too. Not doing too well at keeping that up this summer. We've been so busy, but with the fall, I hope things will slow down ... and cool down! It's been so hot here, and the AC in our car died! Not good, so I'm hibernating here at home until the temp drops, or we get it fixed, whichever comes first ... most likely it will be the first choice there! Lewis hasn't been working a lot this year ... everything is down, but our faith is up, and we know that God will provide! You have a blessed weekend, and I'll see you either here, or on FB! :)

Blessings and hugs,
~ Deborah <><

debi said...

Isn't this crazy!! lol!! Two blogs on Blogger ... where do I find the time, she asks?! lol!! I started the other one a long time ago, and then this one I started for Xanga's sake so I could move everything from there to here if Wordpress didn't work out. I should incorporate and merge the two here on Blogger, but I don't know how ... oh well, for now it's a little here, and a little over there! lol! I have friends who actually have 5 or 6 blogs!!

I'm so glad you came by my new site though! It was good to see your comment, and I so appreciate your prayers - the family needs it ... I left a reply there, too! Hope you'll click that little 'join this site' on my page, too, so I can see how many are following since I opened it up ... I clicked the one on your page, and now you have me twice! :) Hope you get back into blogging a bit, too ... I've missed it and now that Xanga, as we know it, is no more, we'll have to make due here, at least until we see what Wordpress Xanga 2.0 will look like. I just don't want to pay $48 a year to blog, when it's free here! Hope you were able to get your things off of there before they closed ... they made archives that you could download ... it was like a journal for me all those years, and I didn't want to lose that.

Anyway, I hope we can stay in touch here now. Oh, there's always Facebook, but that's not like blogging. I just saw that the comment I left above from my other site was over two years ago! Wow, where has the time gone! Hope to see you again here sooner than that! lol! You have a great weekend my friend!

((Hugs))
- Debi <><