Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Thursday, December 25, 2008








The Christmas That No One Came

by Rev. Roy R. Helgerman II

What if on that first Christmas night, No one ever came
I wonder if all history would ever be the same...

Imagine if The Father said to Jesus "Son, it's time for You to go"
And Jesus said "Aw Dad, I think it's gonna snow"
The Father said "Son it's in My plan for You to go and die"
But Jesus said "I've got plans, I think I'm busy tonight"

What if on that night of conception Mary Said "No way, I've got a date!"
Would God have found a woman willing or would the Saviour been born late
What if she said, "I've got my life, No plans for kids you see"
"I'll go to the abortion clinic, I've got my choice, now let it be"

And how about ol' Joseph Just what do you think he'd say
To marry a pregnant woman I read he said "No Way!"
Then God came in a dream and said
"Joe, it's not what it seems, you see this babe conceived is mine"
Joe could have said, "I ain't nobody's fool,
Take the kid and the mother that's fine"

Thank God things didn't work out this way, Willing Jesus came and died
He gave His life on Calvary Redemption to apply
Thank God a young man and woman said "Lord, use me, here am I"
Obeyed God's will and brought to earth Hope for you and I

I'm so glad that on that First Christmas night The Lord Jesus cared and came
And now by Faith in His sacrifice, Mankind will never be the same

But you see that these excuses, are the same one's that we use!
We tell God we'll serve Him, then kindly we refuse
The weather is a factor when we make our plans
Be it the cool of winter or the heat of surf and sand
Through rain or hail or mud or snow it's off to work we go
But at the slightest fluctuation At church we rarely show

And speaking of those plans we make, we're so busy now you see
To let God in our lives, The controlling factor be
Seldom in our romance modern man will give Him place
We choose lust and convenience, irresponsibility and disgrace

And rarely are we willing to have our lives misplaced
By a God sent interruption as we run our daily race
Has our choice grown more important than what the Lord wants for our life
This may be one small reason why there is so much pain and strife
If self is god and God is a fool our plans will surely fail
But if for Christ Fools we become perhaps we will prevail

This time of year, the story's fresh His call goes out today
He's still looking for men and women Willing to follow and obey
I'm so glad that on that First Christmas night The Lord Jesus cared and came
And now by Faith in His sacrifice We don't have to be the same

What if on that first Christmas night, No one ever came
I wonder if all history would ever be the same

0 comments: