Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

THE GRACE OF GOD



"The gospel creates the only kind of grief over sin which is clean and which does not crush. It says: 'Look at Jesus dying for you! He won't leave you or abandon you–how then can you respond as you are? He suffered so you wouldn't do this thing! You are not living as though you are loved! As his child! It is not because he will abandon you that you should be holy, but because this is the one who at inestimable cost to himself has said he won't ever abandon you! How can you live in the very sin that he was ripped to pieces to deliver you from?' See the GRACE of God argument? It is the only argument which cannot be answered."

- Timothy Keller, Church Planter Manual


The Lord has been speaking to me lately about being healthy and being a good witness for Him. Now hear me on this....this is what the Lord has told me....not anyone else.....

I have been very overweight my whole adult life. This is just a fact. I know why I started to give food my attention and make it my god, my idol. It is my drug of choice. I go to food when I should be going to God and asking Him and praying to Him about this and that. Why and when this happened is really not important now. I know why and when. But He has charged me with
"Do I love Him enough to go to Him first and put down the idol of food"!!

Not easy to change when I have been doing this for decades. But He has been telling me to love Him first, then my family. Doesn't my family deserve my all in all?? Do I tell my daughter I am just too tired to go walk the mall....too tired because of my overweight body??

I am just letting you all know the real me. Diets don't work.....proven time and time again. But moderation in all things do. So for the past week I have been journaling my food....and I lost weight. I gave it to God and He blessed me. I need to continually go to Him for comfort, not food. Food has been my friend for so many years. It will be hard to change. But God is there to take me where I have never been before....healthy. I do love God above food. I now need to show Him that.

Blessings

0 comments: