Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

GIVE GOD YOUR BEST


Deuteronomy 8:11-20

11 "Take care lest you forget the Lord your God by not keeping his commandments and his rules and his statutes, which I command you today,
12 lest, when you have eaten and are full and have built good houses and live in them,
13 and when your herds and flocks multiply and your silver and gold is multiplied and all that you have is multiplied,
14 then your heart be lifted up, and you forget the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery,
15 who led you through the great and terrifying wilderness, with its fiery serpents and scorpions and thirsty ground where there was no water, who brought you water out of the flinty rock,
16 who fed you in the wilderness with manna that your fathers did not know, that he might humble you and test you, to do you good in the end.
17 Beware lest you say in your heart, 'My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth.'
18 You shall remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
19 And if you forget the Lord your God and go after other gods and serve them and worship them, I solemnly warn you today that you shall surely perish.
20 Like the nations that the Lord makes to perish before you, so shall you perish, because you would not obey the voice of the Lord your God.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I read this, I cannot believe that those who went through the desert for those 40 years, with the Lord lighting their way by night and giving them manna during the day, still turned away from the Lord.
Those people in the New Testament who were eyewitnesses to the Lord's miracles...they too still did not believe and did turn away.
Look how much more we have then they did. We have the entire Bible in our homes....in fact, most of us have several copies of the Bible and in different translations.
And you guessed it, we still don't believe and turn away.
We are heartsick over how "they" crucified Jesus. If you were there, could you honestly say you would not do the same thing? Remember, they did not have the whole Bible, with the ending in Revelation. I would have probably followed the crowd as you would.
No way you say?? Think about it. How often do you not start your day out with the Lord in reading and in prayer? If you are a mom like me, you might need to get up earlier than the kids.

Oh, you say I will "get to it" later in the day, when I am awake. I will understand more then. I can't read early in the morning. We are not to just "fit" Jesus in our day whenever. We are to give Him our first fruits. Remember Cain's offering? God did not accept it because it was not what He had asked for:
Gen 4:3 After some time Cain brought some of his harvest and gave it as an offering to the LORD. (GNB)
Cain brought "some" of his goods. Abel brought the best.
Gen 4:4 Then Abel brought the first lamb born to one of his sheep, killed it, and gave the best parts of it as an offering. The LORD was pleased with Abel and his offering (GNB)

Are you bringing to the Lord your best, your very best?

0 comments: