Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

THE ART OF MARRIAGE

Happiness in marriage is not something that just happens.

A good marriage must be created.

In the Art of Marriage, the little things are the big things:

It is never being too old to hold hands.

It is remembering to say “I Love You” at least once every day.

It is never going to sleep angry.

It is at no time taking the other for granted; the courtship should not end

with this day, it should continue through all the years.

It is having a mutual sense of values and common objectives.

It is standing together facing the world.

It is forming a circle of love that gathers in the whole family.

It is doing things for each other, not in the attitude of duty or sacrifice,

but in the spirit of joy.

It is speaking words of appreciation, and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways.

It is not looking for perfection in each other.

It is cultivating flexibility, patience, understanding, and a sense of humour.

It is having the capacity to forgive and forget.

It is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow.

It is a common search for the good and the beautiful.

It is establishing a relationship in which the independence is equal,

dependance is mutual, and the obligation is reciprocal.

It is not only marrying the right partner, it is being the right partner.




Since having my shoulder surgery on the 26th of March, my husband has been a true man of God. I have had to wear a sling now for a month. That means he was doing the dishes and even making the food. He did the shopping and the laundry and other general clean-up. He has not blinked at doing this either. This makes me feel so loved and cherished,
When we got married almost 18 years ago, I was hoping for this kind of man. Actually, I was praying for this type of man. Where is it that says "more than we could ever think" aahh yes, and I know it is talking about something else entirely,
Eph 3:20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, ... this just reminds me that God does indeed answer prayer.

Now to the update on my surgery. we went to the surgeon today, and I am healing up nicely. I think why I still feel "out of it" is because of my fibromyalgia. It tends to take longer for me to "come back" from any kind of "trauma". So he said to start doing my "normal" stuff. So off with that old ugly hot sling. Now not to do to much too soon.....aahhh that is the prescription.......

1 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Girl I am with you...marriage is work...but not a job that is without benefits!
I am so thankful that God has blessed you with the man you have. I too did a lot of praying for my future husband. I thought it would be all perfect when we got married...but those prayers were stored up..and they have been answered. Keith of course has ridden out a hard road with me too.
Marriage is good....now...but we rode through some rough years.

I am glad you are feeling better and there was a good report from your doctor. Take it easy and don't over do it. Glad you are on your way to recovery. :)