Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Friday, August 7, 2009

JOY AND STRENGTH








IT is wholly impossible to live according to Divine order, and to make a proper application of heavenly principles, as long as the necessary duties which each day brings seem only like a burden grievous to be borne. Not till we are ready to throw our very life's love into the troublesome little things can we be really faithful in that which is least and faithful also in much. Every day that dawns brings something to do, which can never be done as well again. We should, therefore, try to do it ungrudgingly and cheerfully. It is the Lord's own work, which He has given us as surely as He gives us daily bread. We should thank Him for it with all our hearts, as much as for any other gift. It was designed to be our life, our happiness. Instead of shirking it or hurrying over it, we should put our whole heart and soul into it.


-- James Reed, Joy and Strength for the Pilgrim's Day by Mary Wilder Tileston, p. 39

2 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

I was reminded today that we should be doing things cheerfully for God...without expecting great thanks and recognition from those around me.
What a lesson!
I hope God does not feel about me like I feel sometimes when I get one of those reactions when I ask Julia to do something.:(
Good reminder to give back to Him joyfully as He gave joyfully for us.

Love the new look!

Sharon Brumfield said...

I came back because i saw your comment on D's blog. Girl I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I will be praying for strength for you and healing for her.
Praying things even out real soon!
Love ya girl