Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Monday, August 10, 2009

A LITTLE OF THIS AND A LITTLE OF THAT












My mom is now in a skilled nursing home. We visited her yesterday after church and she was so happy to see us. She started to cry. I tell you it is so hard to see her like this. For those of you who have a parent that is old and needs so much help I totaling understand. I had hoped I would never have to see this, but God had a different plan.

On a happier note, we had a blast at Disneyland. Here are some of the pics....












Me with Chief Ironhorse
Isn't she just gorgeous!!!!!
Amy and Goofy
On the Dumbo ride
My beautiful daughter the Lord gave us
Here is my wonderful husband...my "rock" here on earth

Ok, now for a little of that....

While we were at Disneyland it was hot. Maybe that is why we saw soooooooooo many bra straps and even bras hanging out of girls tops. Was is so hot that modesty was burned away? I have never, ever seen such a view before. It was downright disgusting to us. I wear tank tops too, but make sure my straps are under control and so does my daughter. This is underwear folks, grab a clue. This is something that only your mom or your husband should see. I was sickened by the fact that these same girls will have girls of their own someday and no teaching of respecting yourself and teaching modesty will go on.

I will get off my soapbox now.....


2 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

I hear ya girl!I remember when the low jeans were in and patoots were hanging out. I just wondered where the Moms were that were teaching what was proper and what was disgusting.
Keep teaching the right thing and I will too!
Glad ya'll had a great time....sweet memories!
Sorry to hear about your Mom....we have been there so I know what you are going through. I will keep praying...luv you girl

Fitter After 50 said...

You must feel so torn at times when it comes to your mom. (((hugs))) I understand what you're saying and why you were on your soapbox.