Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Friday, September 4, 2009

It has been a long week !!!!

We have just finished our first week of homeschool. We are doing a new program. If you remember from last year, we were at a public charter school. We were there for 2 years. I think the Lord did wonders for Amy there and for me also. He showed me this summer that I can do this myself. I said, WHAT??!! But when He leads, He also equips.

We are doing a long distance program from Bob Jones University. It is done with DVD's. The teacher is right there on the TV teaching the lesson. Amy is really enjoying this program. We are doing Bible, World Studies, Spanish, Math, Literature, Grammar and Spelling, and Life Science. We do not do all subjects all days. But Bible and Math we do. It has been hard "getting back to the grind" so to speak. But with time that will all pan out.

It has been refreshing for me also. I do not have to talk so much.....LOL I love talking, but it was the thing that made me the most tired last year. I am also much more organized. I have to be. We have to keep our records straight. We have an umbrella school that will record and give us a report card and also set it up with our state that we are with them and not the public school system. So this is a whole new venture the Lord has us on. But when He calls, He equips. Awesome God we serve!!!!

2 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Wow this sounds great Susan. I am so glad that you have found a program that is going to work better for the both of you. I think if I had ever had to go through this I would wonder if I was doing it right. THis system seems like it has lots of checks.
Last year on my Birthday trip we went past Bob Jones University...they have a great reputation. But I do remember when I was at Bryan we used to joke about their on campus dating. They have or had very strict standards.
I guess it was part of the between school rivalry. :)

Fitter After 50 said...

You're not alone in this though. I'm glad you've found what works for you and are now getting into your own "niche". It does take a while though, huh?