Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Monday, August 24, 2009

THANKFULNESS


"The Christian life should be a state of thankful discontentment or joyful dissatisfaction! We live every day thankful for the amazing grace that fundamentally changes our lives, but we should not be satisfied. Why not? Because, when we look at ourselves honestly, we have to admit that there is still need for personal growth and change. We are not yet all that we could be in Christ. We are thankful for the many things in our lives that would not be there without His grace, but we should not settle for partial inheritance. We should want nothing less than all that is ours in Christ! In this sense, God does not want us to be content with less than what He wants for us. He calls us to continue to wrestle, meditate, look, consider, resist, submit, follow, and pray until we have been completely transformed into His likeness."

- Paul David Tripp & Timothy S. Lane, "How Christ Changes Us By His Grace" in The Journal of Biblical Counseling (Spring 2005), 20.

I am honestly not where need to be in my personal growth.....how about you?

This time with my mom is so trying to me. She has a home aide now, which does take the pressure off of me during the day. But now I find myself staying home "just in case" mom calls and needs us there. My life is on hold. I don't like this at all. Why can't I just let God rule and not obsess about what "might" happen.

I am taking her to a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and I want to have him do some kind of "test" to see if she is getting dementia. Her memory is going from bad to worse lately. It is so sad. So please pray for mom and me that I just trust....it is so hard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Susan, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. It's been a heartache for me, although there have been bright moments and I have to concentrate there instead. God doesn't make any mistakes and for some reason, this is part of His plan for your mom's life & your family's life. That gives me comfort. He's in control.

It took us a very long time to get an actual diagnosis -- when I look back, I think the docs don't want to give the diagnosis b/c there isn't much out there to help. Mom is on Aricept which doesn't make things better, just keeps her where she's at. Once it stops working, that's it. The decline is on again. The only thing that I've read that can help is exercise, exercise. Not easy for the person who hasn't exercised or who is losing balance but a good warning for the rest of us. Get your heartrate up every day. Keep those arteries clear by eating well & exercising.

I wish I could give some better answers! ((( hugs ))) Enjoy each day. When mom was first diagnosed I had a really, really hard time staying in the moment. D

Fitter After 50 said...

There are no EASY answers.I doubt that your mom would want you to put your life on hold that way. I think she'd hate it but that's just me. Have you looked into the life alert thing at all?

Sharon Brumfield said...

He knows just where you are girl. His heart is tender toward you...He understands better than anyone. I understand the on hold feeling...it is normal. I remember the year I was there with Paw Paw. Sometimes it is hard to live life with your family when someone else needs you so. This is a hard time to walk through. Work those things out with Him...pour your needs out to Him. Put your head in His lap and ask Him to help you to rest and be at peace.
I will be praying....thanks for including us. Love you girl (hugs)