Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Monday, November 2, 2009

HUNGER AND THIRST



from a devo I regularly get....

“Her princes are like deer that find no pasture.”
(Lamentations 1:6)

I don’t have to think too hard to identify with those deer, Jesus.

I know what it’s like to hunt for pasture

and find none.

There are times that I feel a deep, gnawing hunger inside –

but no matter where I turn
or what I try

nothing makes my hunger go away.

There are times that I am desperate with thirst

my lips parched
my throat dry

but my thirst remains unquenched.

There are times that I long for a wide open field where I can

run and romp and play
and fall happily exhausted, into the sweet-smelling grass

but I remain hemmed in on every side

until…

I turn to You

and find

fullness to overflowing
living streams of water

and freedom to run farther

than I ever dreamed.

_________
Isaiah 29:8; Psalms 17:14; Isaiah 49:8-10; Matthew 5:6; Revelation 7:16; Psalms 42:1; Psalms 119:131; Isaiah 41:17; John 4:13-14; Psalms 119:32

3 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Oh can I identify with this.
It is great to know that He is the lifter of our heads. That when we turn to Him He reaches down and cups our face....raising our eyes to look into His...and oh the refreshing that comes!

Pam Fidler said...

I wish to experience those living streams of water and the love that overflows to us from the Heavenly Father...thank you for being such a dedicated fruitfull child of God.
This post was a wake up call and a refreshing reminder to me.

Fitter After 50 said...

He is our true thirst quencher alright! :)