Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Creative Discipline




Don’t let anyone rob you of your imagination,
your creativity, or your curiosity.
It’s your place in the world; it’s your life.
Go on and do all you can with it,
and make it the life you want to live.”
–Mae Jemison
.
I have been talk to other moms with more than one child.  Funny, some are disciplining each kid the same. Others are really trying to know their child and discipline him or her according to their personalities. 
Since I am a MOO...mom of one...I have not had this problem.

Those of you who have more than one...how do you discipline?

1 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

We have had some experience with this. I do believe that each child is different....and discipline can be according to that.
Our son was a very strong, dominant personality. You could speak to him and it would go in one ear and out the other. He needed more physical forms of discipline.When he was younger we spanked and took things away...and a variety of other things.
We always thought maybe we were a little too hard on him....now that he is changing and maturing he says we were not hard enough on him. Go figure!
Now Julia....she has a much more sensitive spirit. She gives us very little trouble...but we have spanked her on rare occasions in the past. Now we remove things like the phone or game time....and it hurts her when we get upset.

So yes, bottom line children need to know there are consequences for what they do wrong...and whatever method teaches them that lesson is good. You can't go wrong with the methods the Bible promotes. :)