Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

WHO HAS YOUR HEART????





 have a confession to make.  Here, among friends I can trust, I need to be open and transparent.  Here goes –
My husband Rick does not have sole ownership of my heart.  My thoughts stray.  Yes, my mind wanders, in dreams and in visions.
I can see myself walking beside another, reaching out to grasp his hand as our legs step in unison.  We are on a windswept beach, or in a meadow, or climbing rolling hills.  I look into his eyes and know that they gaze directly into my heart.  There is nothing he cannot see and in that knowledge of total exposure comes unexpected freedom.  I have nothing to hide.  I am simply who I am, and loved despite any of my faults.  He knows my questions before I ask and answers with wisdom and truth.  He is the one I come to with my fears and my sorrows.  I pour myself out in his presence and he picks me up and puts me back together.
He doesn’t mind that am I married to Rick, in fact, he has blessed our union.  Yet he continues to make plans for another wedding.  A feast.  A celebration unlike any ever known before.  He himself will be the bridegroom and his desire is for me to be a perfect, spotless bride.
Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory!  For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. Revelation 19:7 NIV

His & Hers Wedding Ring
Image by irwandy via Flickr
I am awestruck that he would choose me.  I am lovesick.  This One, this Jesus, has captivated me and He is my Lord.
This is the only way our marriages will thrive.  Our love and devotion must first be to our Lord.   As we hunger for Him, our focus unites on the same goal.  We meet each other there and fall in love all over again.
Who has ownership of your heart today?

~~came as a devo from a friend...loved it...wanted to share it ♥♥♥♥♥♥

1 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Boy could I totally follow this!
Isn't it funny that when our hearts are sold out to Him that our spouses have nothing to be jealous of?
What an amazing love is ours. One that expects our all....and yet only adds to our love for our spouse.
Love the word picture here.