Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Task of Laundry











The story is told of three women washing clothes. A passerby asked each what she was doing.

“Washing clothes” was the first answer.

“A bit of household drudgery” was the second.

“I am mothering three young children who some day will fill important and useful spheres in life, and wash day is part of my grand task in caring for thes souls who shall live forever” was the third.

The Shaping of a Chrisain Family, Elisabeth Elliot

Which woman are you?

3 comments:

Fitter After 50 said...

When we lived in Ocala, FL, I saw a woman with wheeled-basket of laundry. I made a "smart" comment about the laundry and her reply has stayed with me ever since. She said she was thankful that she had laundry to do and that she was able to do it. I have never complained or whined about laundry ever since.

Connie Arnold said...

Thank you for your thought provoking post! Any task can become a blessing when we see it as a way of making a difference in others' lives. Thank you for sharing this, Susan!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Honestly....probably a bit of all at this time or that.
But when laundry day is over and you crawl between those sweet crisp sheets....I thank God it was laundry day. :)
And if the truth be told....I am thankful for a job that makes my hubbies clothes need to be washed.