Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Tuesday, July 20, 2010


Susannah Wesley (1669-1742)







Susannah Wesley’s 16 RULES on child rearing
Susannah Wesley was the mother of 19 children, including John and Charles Wesley. Through much adversity, she dedicated her life to instilling a sense of Christian Destiny into each of her children. Her children went on to change the world.
Here are 16 rules she laid down in her home.
1. Eating between meals not allowed.
2. As children they are to be in bed by 8 p.m.
3. They are required to take medicine without complaining.
4. Subdue self- will in a child, and those working together with God to save the child’s soul.
5. To teach a child to pray as soon as he can speak.
6. Require all to be still during Family Worship.
7. Give them nothing that they cry for, and only that when asked for politely.
8. To prevent lying, punish no fault which is first confessed and repented of.
9. Never allow a sinful act to go unpunished.
10. Never punish a child twice for a single offense.
11. Comment and reward good behavior.
12. Any attempt to please, even if poorly performed, should be commended.
13. Preserve property rights, even in smallest matters.
14. Strictly observe all promises.
15. Require no daughter to work before she can read well.
16. Teach children to fear the rod.
ON DISCIPLINE
Susannah Wesley believed that for a child to grow into a self-disciplined adult, he/she must first be a parent-disciplined child. To her, the stubborn flesh was the hardest battle for Christians to fight, and Godly parents would do well to equip their children to overcome it early. She writes:
“When the will of a child is totally subdued, and it is
brought to revere and stand in awe of the parents, then a great many childish follies …
may be passed by. . . . I insist on the conquering of the will of children betimes, because
this is the only strong and rational foundation of a religious education … when this
is thoroughly done, then a child is capable of being governed by reason and piety.”


What say you????????

1 comments:

Unknown said...

well, my english is not too good, I speak spanish, but I would like to rise my child following those rules. I would like to colaborate with God to form a man for him.

pd. I took the picture from Susan Wesley that you put in your blog... I want to use it for my facebook
God Bless You

Zenayda