Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

THE DAY AFTER

  I am thankful that my phone has finally stopped ringing and those terrible ads are off the TV.

     Election Day is over here in California.   I never take for granted the many privileges of living in a free society.   I am grateful for those blessings  and am indebted to those who serve and sacrifice to protect them.     I am also very thankful that God has called some of His people into the political arena to be salt and light in places of government.

     I confess that I have  been inclined to pay a lot of attention to politics  and  I do  exercise my right to vote.   I  believe that  God  requires me to submit to the governing authorities with humility as unto Him whether I agree with them or not.   

"Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities
 for there is no authority except from God,
and those which exist are established by God." 

   I am thankful that it is my duty to pray and give thanks for all who serve  in government so that I may  lead a peaceful and quiet life.

"First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers,
petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men,
 for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead
 a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 
This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior," 

      I am thankful that Christ's kingdom is not of this world. 

"Jesus answered, " My kingdom is not of this world.
If My kingdom were of this world,
then My servants would be fighting
so that I would not be handed over to the Jews;
but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."

     I am thankful that my citizenship is in Heaven.

"For our citizenship is in heaven,
 from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior,
the Lord Jesus Christ;"

    
   With all that said, I am thankful that God is on the Throne and I do not need to worry about who is in office because He is greater.  



1 comments:

Fitter After 50 said...

And I am thankful that your election turned out as well as it did. :)