Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Friday, December 31, 2010

GOODBYE TO 2010


As the sun sets on 2010 I have some random thoughts to share with you all.   I don't know about anyone else, but this time of year is a time of reflection for me.  We are living in interesting times.  Our country is experiencing major changes and is at a crossroads.  People are losing their homes.  Some of these people never should have gotten the mortgage because they couldn't afford it, but it doesn't change the disruption of their lives and well being.  Many are still out of work and having very serious financial problems.

We just witnessed a watershed election that has historical significance to it.  We are asking our government officials to the job that they are supposed to do instead of what they decide they want to do.  Trust has been broken.

There is fear that the U.S. is going bankrupt and we will lose our way of life in this country.  We are afraid of the type of country we are leaving for our children and their ability to reach their "American Dream".


I think of all the ways I fall short...

the corners of the house uncleaned.

the corners of my heart that are the same.

I whisper prayers about feeling too small, about things seeming impossible, of never being able to grasp that word that haunts the Daughters of Eve--perfect.

On the horizon of my heart a half-remembered Scripture slowly appears. I search for it. When I find it, I look in wonder...

The Lord will perfect that which concerns me. Psalm 138:8 NKJV

I hope for all that are going through issues right now no matter how big or small have found one safe place in Him..He is our only Hope with the troubles of the world.

Recipe for a Happy New Year!

Take twelve fine, full-grown months; see that these are thoroughly free 
from old memories of bitterness, rancor and hate, cleanse them 
completely from every clinging spite; pick off all specks of 
pettiness and littleness; in short, see that these months are freed
from all the past—have them fresh and clean as when they first came 
from the great storehouse of Time. 
Cut these months into thirty or thirty-one 
equal parts. Do not attempt to make up the whole batch at one time 
(so many persons spoil the entire lot this way) but prepare one day
at a time. 
Into each day put equal parts of faith,
patience, courage, work (some people omit this ingredient and so 
spoil the flavor of the rest), hope, fidelity, liberality, kindness, 
prayer, meditation, rest (leaving this out is like leaving the oil 
out of the salad dressing—don't do it), and one well-selected 
resolution.
Put in about one teaspoonful of good spirits,
a dash of fun, a pinch of folly, a 
sprinkling of play, and a heaping cupful of good humor.

My prayer for you and me in the new year

"Heavenly Father, for this coming year

Just one request I bring.

I do not pray for happiness or any earthly thing.

I do not ask to understand the way you lead me;

But this I ask—teach me to do the thing that pleases You.

I want to know Your guiding voice,

To walk with you each day.

Heavenly Father,

Make me swift to hear and ready to obey;

And thus the year I now begin

A happy year will be,

If I am seeking just to do

The thing that pleases You.  In Jesus Name, Amen










0 comments: