Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A SNAPSHOT OF MY LIFE



As most of you know, we are moving to an apartment since this house is just too much work and money for us to stay in.  So for the past few days, I have been shredding some papers we no longer need~receipts, old credit card bills, etc.  I have stopped to look at some of them and I am shocked at how frivolous we have been with our spending.  I don't even know if we still have the items we had bought.

It reminds me of that old saying of when you are in an accident, you see your life pass before you.  Well, I have been seeing my "life" pass before me.  I did not like it one bit.  Where was my self control?

This move is a sort of "new beginning" for us.  We will not be so tight with money...not that we will have gobs extra...it will just be nice not to pinch so much.  We will have downsized alot.  I had to get rid of my six chair large dinning table and my hutch.  I know it is just wood and glue but I liked my "stuff".  I bought a new set at Walmart that is about 40 inches round and has 4 chairs.  No hutch can fit in the new place, but I am bringing my antique tea cart and pie safe.  I have gotten rid of so many clothes and linen items.  Salvation Army, Veterans Association and  Good Will all know us by name now. LOL

I am going to make the best of this new beginning in all things.  I am more than able to put God more first...sorry if that is not the right English....I am going to read more and stay off the computer more...I have been downsizing that already, I am going to give me more time to exercise in our pool and then relax in the jacuzzi....my fibromyalgia really has needed this for years now.  I am going to give my marriage more importance....God has blessed me with a terrific husband and sometimes I just take him for granted.  I don't want to do that anymore.  Like right now, I am taking a break from packing and cleaning, and he is still hard at work.  I love him so much.

Since this has been such a shake up of our lives, I am going to take full advantage of what God is telling me here.....just what is important and what is not.  Lives are more important than things...always was and always will be.

What has God shaken in your life lately?  Care to share?  What did you learn?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

((( hugs ))) Great post & great reminders! I think your DH and mine are Twinnies too! :)
D

Fitter After 50 said...

Even now I get feelings from time to time of "What just happened here and where did "my life" go?" It IS surreal at times. I never liked that feeling of angst and/or uncertainty that accompanies a move. One learns to trust and to have faith under the circumstances though. :)