Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Within the Shadow of the Almighty

Wow~~it has been a long time.  So many things on my plate and I need more hours in my day as do most of you too.  I need to get ready for church but I was reading my email and found a wonderful devo from one of my favorites Psalms...91.  


Psalm 91:1 
We live within the shadow of the Almighty, sheltered by the God who is above all gods.
(If I want to be sheltered by the God who is above all gods, I need to LIVE within His shadow -- I need to LIVE in HIM, not running to other things that can so easily become a functional god for me.)
91:2 This I declare, that He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, and I am trusting Him.
(I need to focus on Him being a refuge for me and remember what safety there is in dwelling in Him.  I need to remind myself that HE is my God, and I WILL trust in Him, instead of focusing on my problems.)
91:4  His faithful promises are your armor.
(There is no armor like the armor of God.  I need to be meditating on His promises because they are the armor that will deliver me from the fears that assail me.)
91:9 For Jehovah is my refuge!  I choose the God above all gods to shelter me. 
(The word "choose" really stood out to me in this verse.  It is MY choice how I am going to respond to the daily frustrations and fears.  Am I going to run to the refrigerator and gorge on junk food?  Am I going to escape through watching TV?  Am I going to play on the Wii for hours just so I can focus on something besides my problems?  It is MY choice.)
91:12 They (the angels) will steady you with their hands to keep you from stumbling against the rocks on the trail. 
(When I'm on a "rocky trail," those angels are there to help me and keep me from stumbling and losing my way.)
91:16 I will satisfy him with a full life and give him my salvation.
(Nothing on this earth has the ability to satisfy me and give me a full life like the Lord.)

When we tend to go to other things to satisfy our needs and desires, they do indeed become a god to us...an idol.  I don't want that.  So reading the Word first thing in the morning with my coffee....of course...before anything else.

Blessings to all~~

0 comments: