Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Wounded Saints in the Body of Christ


I really don't know how to start this one out.  Mainly, I like you are one of the many wounded saints out there. Oh, I don't hardly talk about it much and choose who I tell.  I have my Sunday Smile on just like the rest of you. Over the holidays, it was so hard to think I was going to have to have to see family members that really don't give a crap about me and in fact have hurt me deeply in the past and continue to do so.

This year was very different~having moved and not having any decorations up.  Oh, I take that back, we had a real poinsettia. LOL  The time was getting closer when we would have to decide whether we were going.  We go thru this every year only to give up and go.  We always take Mom and now with her dementia even worse and thinking this might be her last Christmas with us.

Now that we are in an apartment, we don't have any backyard for our doggies to be out in.  Dilemma solved. Such a perfect and simple reason for us not to go. We cannot leave the doggies for hours on end!!!! Forever God is Faithful!! We just had to move and He blessed our socks off!!!

 We went to Mom's and made her pancakes on Christmas morning, and waited until my niece came to pick her up to take her over to the get together.  We spent a very low key day with just us 3 and even took in a movie in the afternoon.  I have never felt freer.

We serve an Awesome God!!!!!

2 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

I have to say I am proud of you. It took me a long time to realize that I don't have to please everyone...especially those who are not appreciating the sacrifice it takes to be around them.
Of course in learning to say NO...I still deal with a little guilt...but it does not last as long as it used to. :)
I am learning....and I see you are too. What a blessing that apartment turned out to be. Love you girl!

Fitter After 50 said...

I don't know why family acts the way it does at times. It seems to be more common than not. Nonetheless, I'm glad you had a nice Christmas sans hurt feelings.