Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

MANAGING YOUR FRIENDSHIPS



1. Be loyal

2. Do not keep score

3. Be respectful and sensitive

4. Be honest and attentive

5. Be careful with the opposite sex

6. Seek to witness in your encounters

7. Be an incessant encourager

8. Prioritize your friendships

9. Nurture your friendships

10. Pray for your friends



To have a friend, you have to be a friend. I do believe as women, we need to share our hearts with other women. How are you with your friends? I do not have one real close friend right now. It is hard not to have one. I have lots of dear ones at church, but not one yet I can readily call on when I need to "just talk". When I was single, I had one real close "buddy". We stayed up for hours just talking. I do really want another friend just like that.
Right now, my hubs is my best friend as it should be. But I do long for a gal I could pour my heart out with.
How about you?

1 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Girl..I know the longing of your heart. For years I prayed for a friend. And then one found me. :)
I think maybe lots of people are afraid to go there. Sometimes I believe that we have to take the first step. Show them that we see them for who they are. Maybe send them a note after you hear something they say. Maybe ask them to go and get coffee.
My newest buddy was a massive surprise. I was just doing what I thought GOd wanted me to do...I would have never thought that He was lining me up for a new friend.

I pray that our Father shows you He understands how important friends are by bring you one. He had 12 while here on the earth...3 of them stuck close by his side.
Keep your eyes open...when you hear the Spirit say...Go...go.
It may not look like you thought it would...but it is a gift from Him so it will be beautiful.

And just so you are not mistaken...I am not a real out going people person. Many times when I am going to be in a group of people I don't know I pray about what to say....just for small talk. That does not come naturally to me. I am more a one on one person.
Just remember....there is another lady out there who is longing for the same thing you are longing for. You will be a blessing to her.