1. You shall not be in debt
2. You shall not spend more than you make
3. You shall not buy on credit
4. You shall not covet what others have
5. You shall not love money
6. You shall give regularly to your church
7. You shall give generously
8. You shall know your financial condition at all times
9. You shall have a reserve
10. You shall practice self-control.
This one is for me the hardest. Like many people we found ourselves in debt. We had just too many credit cards. Now we don't and I will never over indulge again. I promise Lord!!!
It cause so much stress in the home and it really showed me I wasn't relying on Jesus to be my all in all. I chose to look "outside" to fulfill me and we all know where that gets you.
I don't know who knows of Suzie Orman. But she really says it like this. Those of you who live on credit are living a lie. You are spending what you don't have, so you are living a lie. That really got me thinking about what I was doing. The hubs blames himself too because he was not really watching me. It is sorta like Adam and Eve in the garden. Eve eats the "apple" and Adam is right there standing next to her and says nothing.
We are on are way to be debt free. We will always for now at least have a house payment. But no more credit debit.