Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Monday, March 23, 2009

The Biggest Sinner in the House

God has been dealing with me on my pride. I have a lot of it. When I came upon this article, it revealed another part of me I need my God's help on.

Thanks to Mark at http://www.theblazingcenter.com/


Not only did Jesus knock Paul off his horse on the road to Damascus, he knocked the self-righteous stuffing out of him as well. The proud Pharisee came to see himself as the worst sinner he knew.

The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost (1 TI 1.15).

Was Paul exaggerating for shock value? Or was he some kind of self-loathing Eeyore who needed a big dose of self-esteem?

No. Paul realized that every sin is infinitely evil, because it is against an infinitely holy God, and requires the infinitely perfect blood of Christ to remove it. He simply had a realistic view of his own sinfulness.

When I view myself as the foremost of sinners, it's so much easier to forgive others, because no matter what they may do to me, I've done worse to God, yet he saved and forgave me.

I crucified Christ.

My sins ripped the flesh off his back, rammed the thorns into his head and hammered the spikes into his hands and feet.

I'm the biggest sinner in the house.

I'm the foremost sinner in my marriage: How can I not forgive my wife when God has forgiven me for slaughtering Jesus, the apple of his eye?

Foremost sinner in my family: How can I fume at my kids, when I've jilted God longer than they've been breathing, and still do despite all the years I've read the Bible, listened to sermons and received innumerable blessings?

Foremost sinner in my church: How can I smolder against my brother's sins, when my mountains of iniquity have been washed away by Christ's blood?

Maybe people have hurt you deeply and you've suffered much. Though it may be difficult, ask Jesus today for grace to see yourself as the foremost of sinners, and for grace to forgive, as he has forgiven you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post! Except I didn't think you had a wife...LOL Me being silly...
I posted this on my comments:
RYC: Hey Twinnie, Yah for -6 lbs!! Awesome! I'm glad that GFing is helping you. It isn't easy, but my life has changed for the better.

I can speak/read some french but I am not bilingual. French classes until grade 9 are compulsory in Canada. Our girls have a tutor. All packaging in Canada has to have both English & French writing.

Get well soon -- I visited your blog but couldn't post...I will post this on your comments now.
D

Say thanks to Paul for typing the comment! We all know how important it is to keep up w/ blogs and sickness should not get in the way! LOL :) ((( hugs )))

Anonymous said...

How are you feeling since your surgery? Congrats on the -6

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're doing well. Are you able to type at all? Or is it still difficult?
D