Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Sunday, April 5, 2009

IT'S BEEN TOO LONG MY FRIENDS




As you can see, I have been a "busy as a mouse" here. We had spring cleaning to do...still some to do; and I had my shoulder surgery on the 26th of March.
The surgery went very well. The after effects are not so nice. I received some very good altho
narcotic pills for pain. They worked very well. But they made me very loopy. I couldn't drive or even homeschool.
So I decided to quit them and just take some motrin. Well, that wasn't enough for the pain I have. So I received some more pain pills that are a little less in strength than the first ones. Today I am still on them and not loopy. So I guess I can start to do my necessary duties around the house.

The women at my church has blessed us with meals since my hubs is not a chef and take out gets way to expensive. Cutting up veggies with my left hand will not do it. We had great meals and will partake in another one this afternoon.

I love the way the Body of Christ operates. This is the way is was in Paul's time. When one was down, the others helped. It is the way I like. Does it always happen this way? Well, no, and it is because we are all wrapped up in ourselves to much....I tend to call it the apartment mentality. I am not getting down on anyone who lives in an apartment, it is the mentality of it I don't like. The people are very transient, so you might as well not get to know them at all. They will move and you will loose a friend.

This is not the way of Christ. He made friends will all. It really doesn't matter if people move away....think of all the blessings you will miss if you don't befriend them.

The church we go to meets at a seminary here. Alot of the body is made up of students and their families and you know they will leave in a few years. Is that a reason to not make friends with them and have them over for dessert or a game night?

Seems to me that we should cherish our friendships while we have them. If we did not get together with the friends that we have here, we would have missed out on a lot of good times and fellowship.

I was one who always had to have my house in spit-shine order. I could not ever let anyone see a speck of dust or something out of place. When we go over to others, I see they live just like we do. Everything is clean and pickuped to a degree, but not so "spit-shined" that you wonder if you can sit down and feel comfortable and heaven help you if you spill something.
Every been in a house like that? It is just not comfy....I want to be comfy and have my friends feel comfy like that too. It took a long time for me to "work" thru this. My mom was so clean we use to tease her that "you can eat off her kitchen floor". It is true. You still can....and she is 83.

I for one don't want to invest all my time on making everything perfect. We are imperfect beings. Are we trying to be perfect in our homes, cars, work, or anything else? Is that something that the Lord is working on in your life? Are you overcompensating some lack you think you have with having somethink in your life perfect?

Yes, my house is clean, the health department is not going to be calling on me. But, I really used to compensate my lack of self worth in God, by doing this. God has called me on it many times. I am finally listening and doing something about it.

This week I am going to an online conference these ladies are having. It a a four day event and even if you miss some, you can download it later. Please go check it out and get tickets. For a 4 day all day event, it is quite worth it. It will make you think and inspire you to be more of Him and less of you(me).....that is worth it's weight in gold.

Thanks for reading about what has been happening with me lately. May God richest blessings cover you.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are able to function somewhat without being loopy. It can be frustrating at times but you seem to be managing alright. Looks like you're doing well in your neck of the woods!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Went by to check out the site...let me know what you thought..looked like it might have been fun!

Glad you are doing better...see I didn't even know you had been gone...since I have to. Hope you up and running full strength soon. I am so glad that you had a church family to help during this time...sad to say that does not happen all the time.I know it was nice not having to cook. Enjoy it while you can. :)

Have a great Resurrection Sunday!