Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Saturday, May 23, 2009

GOOD OLD ABE


"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves."

~ Abraham Lincoln


Hmmm...good for his time and I believe good for ours. What say you??

3 comments:

Fitter After 50 said...

Yes, this is good logic. We've come a long way since then, huh? :)

Sharon Brumfield said...

What words of wisdom.
I was thinking yesterday about why our nation has gotten to this point. And thinking on what our leadership now wants to do to solve this problem.
And because the hearts of the people I don't think any man can make a difference....I think that is going to be in the hands of God.
But it wouldn't hurt to follow some of the wisdom above.
Doesn't Obama like this president?
Maybe he will grab a few words of wisdom.

Celestial Freak said...

Obama puts on this facade that he identifies and admires Abraham Lincoln, and yet these words are completely opposite of what he's doing to this once great country. What an oxymoron. If only we had a leader right now who lived and worked by such wisdom as this!