Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Sunday, May 24, 2009

LOVE IS



We have all heard 1 Corinthians 1-13., but do we truly understand what it means? This passage gives the most complete description of love in the Bible. It sows us that love needs to be the one thing in life we seek more than anything else. For without it, whatever we do or say really has no lasting value. Compare the love described in the Bible with superficial love found in this world.


God says love should be directed towards others...
The world says love should be directed toward ourselves

God says love is patient love is kind...
The world says love satisfies your immediate needs

God says love is never jealous or envious...
The world says love isn't necessary to make people respect you

God says love is never rude...
The world says love lets you act as you please

God says love does not demand its own way...
The world says love gets in the way of what is in it for me

God says love is not irritable and holds no grudges...
The world says love takes a backseat when it comes to taking revenge

God says love rejoices in truth...
The world says love doesn't understand or ignores evil

God says love is loyal...
The world says love should be self serving


God's TRUE LOVE is a natural outflow of His presence in our lives. Seek Him. He will strengthen you and give you true peace. If we do this our relationship with Him and with each other will never be the same again!


The most important piece of clothing you MUST wear is love. Love is what binds us together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes only from Christ rule your hearts.

Colossians 3:14-15

I was cleaning out my folder and found this and I don't think I have ever shared this....

2 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Good stuff girl.
Those are such high standards to live up to. But I know with the Spirit all things are possible as He lives through us.
Can you even imagine what eternity will be like when all things the opposite of love disappear?
Come Lord come!

Fitter After 50 said...

This is really good.