Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

This is our dog Mr. Bosley. He is such a fun dog and keeps us laughing all the time. As I was watching him watching me eat the other night, I thought of this...

He was waiting for the crumbs to drop. He was satisfied with the crumbs !!!

Are you, am I just satisfied with crumbs!!!!???? Every time I see the books out there...
One minute, 3 minute, 4 minute, 10 minute and now 15 minute devotionals, I get really upset.Who are these authors think they are with limiting us to a specific time???!!! Do you, do I limit our time with God???!!!

May it never be!!!

For yourself, concentrate on winning God's approval, on being a workman with nothing to be ashamed of, and who knows how to use the word of truth to the best advantage.
2Tim2:15(Phillips)

All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching the faith and correcting error, for re-setting the direction of a man's life and training him in good living. The scriptures are the comprehensive equipment of the man of God and fit him fully for all branches of his work.
2Tim3:16(Phillips)

I have been trying(really)to get up earlier to read and I like listening to the Bible. Then I have my time of prayer. If my daughter gets up, it really puts a stop to this, so I try to get up early.
With homeschool, she is always here. So I have to redeem my time well.

I find if I don't do this in the morning, no time limit with the above "books" I find my day is more ordered, I am not cranky and I am ready to greet my dear daughter with the smile of Jesus on my face.

This thought has been marinating in my brain for awhile now, so I am glad I finally got it in print.

What say you??

3 comments:

Gospel.or.Death said...

Well said, Susan.

For all of us who sometimes settle for crumbs, I'm so glad that there's the blood of Christ to cover it all. He's done of lifetime of perfect obedience for me already and given it to me. Christ is our righteousness - 1Cor 1:30.

Mike G.

Fitter After 50 said...

In this season in your life, you may be "limited" to mornings of complete alone with the Lord time. I just think those XXX minutes are just a marketing scheme. Anything to sell a book I suppose. I know it's wrong but it happens.

Sharon Brumfield said...

You know sometimes my Sunday school teacher-- who is really a great woman of God--often tells the class...Just give Him 5 minutes. I know she is well intended but it just bothers me. I wonder if she got where she is today by spending just 5 minutes.

And we never want to hold time over someone's head.....but do we really want to give them the impression that that is all it takes to work it out?
There were times when I was content with crumbs...but can I do what He has called to do with crumbs? Can I make it through the rough times in life with crumbs?

Uh, NO!
Stepping down off my soap box.
I just hate to see the body of Christ going into battle on a diet of crumbs.