Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Monday, June 22, 2009

BLESSED ARE


Our family had such a great time at our church's family camp. It was held in our local mountains. Those of you who know me, know just how much I love love love the mountains. Some day we plan to move "to higher ground";

We usually take our vacation in the mountains.....clean air, less traffic, back to nature...

The speakers at camp were great...just what I needed. Of course, God knew this. The only thing that was out of whack was my back. Our mattress was so hard we took another one out of the empty room next to ours and put it on top. Then it was doable for me. LOL It was high but much nicer to sleep on.

Even Amy had bible classes with her group. Can you imagine 17 jr highers!! NOT!! But her teacher were a real blessing to her and us. We had some time to ourselves as a couple. Not much of that going on at home. We are already saving and making plans for next year.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blessed [are] the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed [are] they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed [are] the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed [are] they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed [are] the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed [are] the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed [are] they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when [men] shall revile you, and persecute [you], and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great [is] your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
~ Matthew 5:3-12

1. Blessed [are] the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. - we are to be humble, sincere and penitent (sorrowful on account of our sins)

2. Blessed [are] they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. - we are to express sorrow and grief for our sins

3. Blessed [are] the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. - we are to be submissive to God's will. We are to rely on God for all our needs and be thankful for His providence.

4. Blessed [are] they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. - we are to want and desire righteousness (purity of heart) and holiness. We are to strive to follow God's law

5. Blessed [are] the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. - We are to be merciful and compassionate.

6. Blessed [are] the pure in heart: for they shall see God. - we are to be without spot or blemish; incorrupt. We can only achieve this through Christ.

7. Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. - out of our love for God we are to do good for all people. We are to show peace, be peaceable and make peace with all people.

8. Blessed [are] they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when [men] shall revile you, and persecute [you], and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great [is] your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. - we will be punished persecuted and harassed for our beliefs. People will speak falsely and negatively about us, all because of our belief in Christ. But we should rejoice in this persecution because we know that the Lord is alive and doing His works through us.

3 comments:

Fitter After 50 said...

I'm glad you had a good time. Yes, I knew your heart is in the mountains but that mattress was the next best thing to being there? :) I feel for you though with your roughin' it.

Sharon Brumfield said...

I am so glad ya'll had a great time.
You know I share your love of the mountains....He seems to dwell so much nearer.
And how great you and your hubby had some sweet time together...it is so important.
I can't wait to get home so that we can have some time together. The trip has been great but time alone is sparse.

Glad ya'll had some great teaching...what a great opportunity for your family.

Fitter After 50 said...

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement.