Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Monday








A woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?’ They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. 

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, ‘If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.’ Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. 


At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. Jesus straightened up and asked her, ‘Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?’
‘No one, sir,’ she said.
‘Then neither do I condemn you,’ Jesus declared. ‘Go now and leave your life of sin.’" (John 8:3-11)



Sadly, Christians themselves are one of the main reasons so many non-Christians are turned off by Christianity. They see the same people who speak a message of love and forgiveness acting out in judgment and condemnation.


A huge part of being a Christian is swallowing a dose of humility each morning. Try to think about where you would be without Christ. When we accept Christ into our lives we become grace. All that we are is grace. What right do we have to boast or condemn?
What first drew you to Christ? Was it a message of fear and disapproval or was it an offer of unconditional love and forgiveness?


D.T. Niles once said, “Christianity is just one beggar telling another beggar where he found the bread.” As objects of mercy we can offer nothing but a humble extension of God’s love and grace along to non-Christians.




Have a blessed week!

0 comments: