Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankfulness



Have you lost sight of what you are thankful for? Does this time of year wipe you out so with all the preparation of the "season".  Are you really grateful for what you have?  Or are you more concerned with what you don't have? 


No coveting your neighbor's wife. And no lusting for his house, field, servant, maid, ox, or donkey either—nothing that belongs to your neighbor! (Deut.5:21, MSG)



As most of you know we are moving and downsizing ALOT.  Who knew we have accumulated(hoarded) all this stuff!!?? It is mind-boggling.  Even our daughter is like us now.  This has got to stop.  Why is is that we have to wait until something really big happens for us to change and look at what God has been telling us all along.


The funny paradox is that often by coveting something we hinder the exact thing from happening in our lives. God is ready to bless us but he wants us to obey him.
He wants us to be free of lust, greed, and fantasizing about what we don't have.
He wants us to look for him for answers.
He wants us to focus on Him and not on what we don't have. 



I repent of my ingratitude Lord.  Let me see what You see.  Let me not be coveting anything but You and Your love for me.


What are you thankful for??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh susan, you are always an inspiration...the thankfulness for our home, family, and health! (have been healthy for 3 days...amazing!) good for you to downsize...i think sometimes if we get rid of the 'junk' around us, that we will have less 'junk' inside of us as well... although i saw a picture of einsteins'desk a few hours after he died... and the quote "if a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind - what is the sign of an empty desk? Albert Einstein" what a HOOT eh! hang in there with the downsizing... and Happy THANKSgiving! :) grace

Fitter After 50 said...

It's easy to accumulate stuff even if we are de-cluttering along the way. We just notice it more when we have to start packing to move. I always found it amazing to discover how much I could give up easily though too.