Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet, I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are: * I guard my online relationships * I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ * I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life * I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

JUST HOW BIG IS YOUR GOD

Good Morning!

How big is your God? We say that God is over all things, but do we truly believe it?

There are many times when we, as Christians, try to place God in a box. Like the Pharisees, we deem things “clean” and “unclean.” We profess a God who is made in our image and who meets our standards, rather than the reverse. By withholding love and acceptance from certain sectors of society we demonstrate our belief that God’s love is only available to persons or things deemed “righteous.”

Is this the God of the Bible?

Not at all. Remember, it was Jesus who said that he came to call the sinners, not the righteous. He ate dinner and stayed in the houses of “the morally corrupt.” He found beauty in the things that the Pharisees considered sinful and disgusting. He engaged in the world without becoming consumed by the world. And He chose us, the lowliest of sinners, to enter into His kingdom.

God is not limited by our human perceptions; He is everywhere. Let’s lose the man-made labels that we place on everything and remember that we too were at one time objects of wrath. Let’s seek God out wherever we go and look for His hand in the things that the Pharisees have deemed “morally corrupt.” Let’s sit back and see what God can do when we leave our expectations and prejudices behind.

"'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.' Jesus called the crowd to him and said, ‘Listen and understand. What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.'"  Matthew 15:8-11

Have a blessed day!

1 comments:

Fitter After 50 said...

Nice post today. I hope you're having fun packing. It's a process isn't it?!